Organisation of network ICOS-FRANCE
- List of the leading institutions
- Station managers
The simplified ICOS-France scheme is as follows.
The ICOS-France Coordination Group (GCIF) is the executive in charge of the organization and operation of the ICOS infrastructure components in France.
It is supervised by a steering committee (COPIL) comprising the heads of the relevant bodies: INSU, INEE, INRA, CEA DSM, ANDRA, UVSQ and a MESRI correspondent. The GCIF is composed of the coordinator and focal point of ICOS-France, the coordinators of the ETC and the ATC, the leaders of the 3 networks (Atmosphere, Ecosystem and Ocean) and the head of the integration between networks and international infrastructures.
GCIF meets every 2 months.
Composition of GCIF
- Coordinator ICOS-France : Denis Loustau (INRAE, ISPA-Bordeaux)
- Coordinator adjoint ICOS-France et Manager ATC : Léonard Rivier (CNRS, LSCE-Saclay)
- Coordinator ETC : Benjamin Loubet (INRAE, ECOSYS-Grignon)
- Manager atmosphere : Michel Ramonet (CNRS, LSCE-Saclay)
- Managers ecosystem : Jean-Marc Limousin (CNRS, CEFE-Montpellier) & Benjamin Loubet (INRAE, ECOSYS-Grignon)
- Manager ocean : Nathalie Lefèvre (UPMC, LOCEAN-Paris)
- Manager networks integration : Philippe Ciais (CEA, LSCE-Saclay)
ICOS-France is organized in 3 networks of stations (atmosphere, ecosystem, ocean). Each station is coordinated by a Principal Investigator (P.I.) and includes a team of researchers, engineers and technicians.
ICOS-France includes officially labeled stations by ICOS according to three classes: 1, 2 and associated, as well as ICOS-France stations not labeled "ICOS" (school stations). Each station performs a set of measurements according to common specifications and under the control of the thematic center concerned. Class 1 and 2 stations form the main framework of the infrastructure and are committed for a period of 20 years. This ensures the standardization of measurements, their interoperability and the relevance of the ICOS network as a whole. Twenty-seven French stations are labeled or in the process of being labeled and include :
- 3 Atmospheric station of class 1.
- 1 Atmospheric stations of class 2.
- 3 Ecosystem stations of class 1.
- 6 Ecosystem stations of class 2.
- 8 Ecosystem stations associated.
- 1 Ocean station of class 1.
New sites can at any time join the network, apply for "ICOS" labeling and benefit in return for technical and logistical support (data management and processing, practical manuals, technical training, scientific animation).
The list of French stations is available in the "Network" section.
List of station managers (PI) :
- Sébastien Conil (Sebastien.Conil[at]andra.fr) : station cl. 1 of Bure
- Michel Ramonet (michel.ramonet[at]lsce.ipsl.fr) : stations of Puy de Dôme, Saclay and Trainou
- Daniel Berveiller (daniel.berveiller[at]universite-paris-saclay.fr) : station cl. 1 of Barbeau-Fontainebleau
- Aurore Brut (Aurore.Brut[at]cesbio.cnes.fr) : station cl.1 of Lamasquère
- Matthias Cuntz (Matthias.Cuntz[at]inrae.fr) : station cl.1 of Hesse
- Denis Loustau (denis.loustau[at]inrae.fr) : station cl.2 of Salles
- Guillaume Simioni (Guillaume Simioni[at]inrae.fr) : station cl.2 of Font-Blanche
- Katja Klumpp (katja.klumpp[at]inrae.fr) : station cl.2 of Laqueuille
- Francois Gastal (Francois.Gastal[at]inrae.fr) : station cl. 2 of Lusignan
- Jean-Marc Limousin(jean-marc.limousin[at]cefe.cnrs.fr): station cl.2 of Puechabon
- Benjamin Loubet (benjamin.loubet[at]inrae.fr) : station cl. 2 of Grignon.
- Sébastien Gogo (Sebastien.Gogo[at]univ-orleans.fr) : station associated of La Guette
- Jean-Christophe Calvet (jean-christophe.calvet[at]meteo.fr) : station associated of Toulouse
- Damien Bonal (damien.bonal[at]inrae.fr) : station associated of Guyaflux
- Joël Léonard ( joel.leonard [at] inrae.fr): station associated of Estrée-Mons
- Jérôme Chave (Jerome.chave[at]univ-tlse3.fr) : station associated of Nouragues
- Tiphaine Tallec (tiphaine.tallec[at]cesbio.cnes.fr): station associated of Auradé
- Didier Voisin (didier.voisin[at]univ-grenoble-alpes.fr : station associated of Col du Lautaret
- Chris Fléchard (chris.flechard[at]inrae.fr) : station associated of Rennes.
- Catherine Galy (Catherine.galy[at]andra.fr) : station associated of Montiers
- Nathalie Lefèvre (nathalie.lefevre[at]locean-ipsl.upmc.fr) : station cl. 1 on the France-Brazil line (merchant ship)
The stations in bold are the stations officially labeled by the ICOS ERIC.
List of the leading institutions
Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation (MESRI)
- Office of the Atomic Energy and Alternative Energies (CEA)
- Scientific Research National Center (CNRS-INSU et INEE)
- French National Research Institute for Agriculture, Food and Environment (INRAe)
- University of Versailles-Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines (UVSQ)
- National Agency for Radioactive Waste Management(ANDRA)